Did you make some big resolutions as you rang in the new year? Did you promise to make hard-core changes and crush some gigantic goals? Like improve your diet, get a white cane, exercise more, read/listen to more books, go back to school, drink only expensive wine, learn how to use that damn voiceover rotor, etc., etc. Yeah, me too. I started the year off by eating a Sprinkles cupcake for breakfast. So, I’m off to an amazing, (and frickin delicious) start! Seriously, the cupcake was ah – mazing…with an amazing amount of calories I’m sure. Ok, now that I’ve confessed… Let’s not dwell on my little nutritional mishap. I think we can all agree, that making changes and getting to our goals can be difficult, even feel impossible. With some focus and inspiration, we can always set our sights in the right direction. Hey, come in a little closer… Between you and me, if you get the chance to dive into a Sprinkles cupcake…do it! You won’t regret it!
When things get tough, I will often listen to some wise words from others. If you spend any time on my Twitter or Facebook page… you KNOW I love me a good quote! Over the past week, I found myself seeking new year inspiration online. As I started to dig around I realized that I tend to gravitate toward certain quotes that help me stay inspired, positive, empowered, and believing in myself. I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you to pick up and run with!
1. The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. – Alan watts
2. It is the hard days, the times that challenge you to your very core, that determine who you are. – Sheryl Sandberg
3. How can you know what you‘re capable of if you don’t embrace the unknown? – Esmeralda Santiago
4. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry Thoreau
5. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
6. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
7. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. If you’re gonna make a change, you’re gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me. – Tony Robbins
9. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
10. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. -Golda Meir
11. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King
12. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. – Mark Twain
13. Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
14. What I like most about change is that it’s a synonym for ‘hope’. If you’re taking a risk, what you are really saying is, ‘I believe in tomorrow and I will be the part of it. – Linda Ellerbee
15. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
16. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
17. People Underestimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing. – John Porter
18. Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create. – Oprah Winfrey
19. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
20. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss
If you find yourself reading this blog In the beginning, middle, or end of the year, I hope you take away some motivation to stay focused on your personal and professional plans. Perhaps one or two of these quotes give you the clarity or courage needed to ensure you have a productive, positive, and kickass new week, month, or YEAR!
Remember, Keep Your Eye On The Prize Baby! xx